Yawm E Aashura
What is Aashura?
The root word for Aashura is Ashr meaning ten. There are a few reasons why this day is called Aashura.
1. This is the tenth day of Muharram thus called Aashura.
2. Ten days are given superiority and this is the tenth day.
3. On this day, Allah Ta’ala blessed ten Prophets with His chosen bounties.
Significant Incidents on the Day of Aashura
There are several prominent incidents which took place on the day of Aashura which have made their place in the glorious history. Here we list a few:
1. On this day Allah Ta’ala, according to the meaning most suited to Him, descended on the Arsh.
2. Rain descended from the sky for the first time on this day..
3. Mercy was revealed for first time.
4. On this day the ‘Arsh, Kursi, sky, earth, sun, moon, stars and Heaven were created.
5. Adam Alaihis Salaam’s repentance was accepted.
6. Adam Alaihis Salaam’s was born on this day and he entered Heaven on this day.
7. Allah Ta’ala elevated Idris Alaihis Salaam towards the heavens.
8. Hazrat Nooh Alaihis Salaam’s ark rested at the mountain of Joodi .
9. Hazrat Ibrahim Alaihis Salaam was born.
10. Hazrat Ibrahim Alaihis Salaam was made His ‘Khaleel’ by Allah.
11. Hazrat Ibrahim Alaihis Salaam was released safe from the fire of Namrood.
12. Hazrat Daud Alaihis Salaam’s repentance was accepted.
13. Hazrat Sulaiman Alaihis Salaam recovered his kingdom.
14. Hazrat Ayub Alaihis Salaam was relieved of his illness.
15. Hazrat Musa Alaihis Salaam was born.
16. Hazrat Musa Alaihis Salaam was victorious over the magicians.
17. Hazrat Musa Alaihis Salaam successfully crossed the river and Firaun was drowned.
18. Hazrat Yunus Alaihis Salaam was born.
19. Hazrat Yunus Alaihis Salaam was freed from the belly of the giant fish.
20. Hazrat Yaqub Alaihis Salaam regained his eyesight.
21. Hazrat Yusuf Alaihis Salaam was freed from the well and also from confinement.
22. Hazrat Isa Alaihis Salaam was born.
23. Hazrat Isa Alaihis Salaam was raised to the skies.
24. RasoolAllah Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam was married to Ummul Mu’mineen Hazrat Khadijatul Kubra RadiyAllahu Anha.
25. The fast on this day was famous even among previous Ummahs. It is even said that the fast on this day was Farz before the blessed month of Ramadan; then it was cancelled.
26. Imam Hussain RadiyAllahu Anhu attained martyrdom (in Karbala).
27. The Day of Judgement will take place.