How to:Check Your iPhone Actual Signal Strength in Decibels Without Jailbreaking
I was reading through my regular list of iPhone related news and came across this amazing technique to check how good is
your signal strength in actual decibels to see if you are having issues with your network signal. I quickly tried it out
and found it working without any problems. Again, Jailbreaking isn’t required, and the process is totally reversible
You can also try it out by following simple steps below:
1. Dial *3001#12345#* and Press Call. It will take you to field test mode app
2. You can now notice the signal strength button showing bars. You can click on it and it will show you the signal strength
in decibels. To make it permanent, follow next steps.
3. Hold Down on to the Power Button until you see ‘Slide to Power Off’ Button. Do to turn off your phone.
4. Press the home button now until to you go to Home Screen. That’s it. Now you can either set it up to show decibels (dBm)
or bars just by click on top screen where the icon is located. The lower the number it show to zero, the better your signal
strength is. So -103 is bad and -75 is good.
To revert it back, follow the steps below:
1. Dial *3001#12345#* and press Call
2. Press the home button once.
This trick comes really handy when you want to find out if you are in the dead zone and if you can move to zone with better