Importance of Muharram in Islam:
Here you will read and know the main importanance of Muharram ul Harram and Islam and basic information about the month of Muharram-ul-harram. How Muharram ul Harram is important for the muslims and what was prohibited in this month.a
The Holy Prophet ﷺ referred to Muharram as the month of Allah, which alone demonstrates the great significance of this month solely because Allah’s name has been suffixed to it denoting possession. The month of Muharram is great for many reasons as many great events have happened within this month throughout history and gives us many ……reasons to perform optional worship and increase in good deeds as well as remember the life of the Prophets – Allah’s peace and blessings be upon them all – and other great Islamic personalities.
It has always been the month of Allah since the beginning of creation as the mentioned ayah states as Allah says that He has ordained it in the book of Allah, i.e. al-Lahw ul-Mahfuz [the preserved tablet] the day He created the heavens and the earth.
The first of Muharram is known to the Ummah of the Holy Prophet ﷺ due to the revelation of Allah where he made oath by the dawn in Surat ul-Fajr. More will be said about this shortly. The Bani Israa’el knew this sacred month by the name Rosh Hashanaa which possessed their most sacred day known to us as Ashura and known to them as Yom Kippor, i.e. the Day of Atonement. Many great events happened on the day of Ashura, therefore Muslims and Jews celebrate the month of Muharram due to these significant events.
• It is the day when Adam – alayhissalaam – was created
• Allah inspired Adam – alayhissalaam – with the revelation of tawbah
• Allah granted forgiveness to Adam – alayhissalaam – on this very day
• It is the day Noah’s – alayhissalaam – Ark came to rest on Mount Judi
• Abraham – alayhissalaam – was saved from the blazing fire on this day
• Ismaa’el – alayhissalaam – was spared from being sacrificed on this day
• Yusuf – alayhissalaam – was reunited with his father – alayhissalaam – Yaqub on this day
• The Bani Isra’el were liberated from slavery on this day
• The Bani Israa’el were forgiven by Allah on this day
• Ayub – alayhissalaam – was cured from his illness on this day
• Sulaymaan – alayhissalaam – became the Sultaan of the Bani Israa’el on this day
• Yunus – alayhissalaam – repented from the belly of the whale on this daySee More